jueves, 9 de septiembre de 2010

Como agua para chocolate.



The book that I read is called “Como agua para chocolate”, by Laura Esquivel. The story talks about the life and the forbidden love of Tita and Pedro, the main characters.
Tita and Pedro are not allowed to get married, because Tita has to look after her mother until she dies. I think that Laura Esquivel did a very good job writing this book, because through it, we can feel almost all the things that the characters are feeling.
I’m really convinced that the author could reach her goal with this book, because I can imagine all the things that the book tries to show us, for example: a forbidden love, sadness, anger, desire and in the final of the story satisfaction due to they could be together despite of the years.
I can’t find a relationship between the title of the book and the story, it’s a little bit complicated give an interpretation, but like in the book said, the love between Tita and Pedro is like “agua y chocolate”.
Apart from that, I could learn something reading this book and this is that we don’t have to private the real love between two people, but more than that; if we have children, we don’t have to repress what they feel.

To sum up, I recommend this book, because it’s easy to understand and at the same time it’s a love story that shows the real love between two people. Also this story shows us that when two people are feeling real love, they can do everything they want for reach the most special thing, being with the loved one.

1 comentario:

  1. What a lovely book! I really love that book Rita, you know. I hope Cata could read it soon. I am going to search on internet later about the meaning of the tittle. I am not sure, but I think is because of the reaction that chocolate make when is in contact with water, and it is like the rlationship between Pedro and Tita. Take care and see you soon ;)

    ResponderEliminar